Brazen Abbot
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Question about new vocalists
Posted by: Dio (IP Logged)
Date: September 20, 2003 04:22PM

Nikolo, do you intend to invite other musicants in probable new album (in particular- Tony Martin or Ronnie James) ?

10x.

Re: Question about new vocalists
Posted by: Sasho (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2003 04:01AM

I think better project ,maybe is somethink like G3/Satriani,Vai,Johson or Petrucci/ whit no singer-only good quitar player/s/,bass/Terry Bozzio/, someone on Hammond B-3 or M-3 or A-100,and drummer like Bonham or Portnoi fcourse.And some Blgarian folk moments,like in Jeff Becks last album,in track 12-Bulgaria.

Posted by: Joana (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2003 08:56AM

Well, if we talk about a new singer (although I trully hope Nikolo will keep my perfect three for the next BA album...), I vote with my both hands for Gary Hughes - the vocalist of TEN!! He would surely match the style of BA.

Best,
Joana

Re: Metalreviews-85/100
Date: September 22, 2003 10:49AM

The Bulgarian guitar hero Nikolo Kotzev is back with Brazen Abbot - Guilty As Sin - the fourth album after Live And Learn (1995), Eye Of The Storm (1996) and Bad Religion (1997). If I refer to the booklet, Nikolo says "This album came in difficult times. At times it felt like I'll never make it ...". Honestly, I though this project was long dead considering the last record was made in 1997. By the way, you might know this guitarist from his metal opera Nostradamus (2001).

Nikolo added "Inspiration was not a friend of mine for quite a while. However, with the help of friends and relatives I moved on and wrote music, which is the fruit of my darkest hours". Well, what an inspiration ... as this Guilty As Sin is by far the best Brazen Abbot album. Reminding me the best moments of Rainbow, Whitesnake or Deep Purple, Guilty As Sin is an homage to the 70's (vintage hard rock).

Three voices, three stars : Joe Lynn Turner (Deep Purple, Rainbow), Göran Edman (Talisman, John Norum, Yngwie Malmsteen) and Jorn Lande (Ark, Masterplan) for twelve wonderful songs - each vocalist singing 4 songs. These vocalists combined with Nikolo's song-writing is a guaranteed product, isn't it ? Yes it is. There are so many magical moments inside Guilty As Sin. As said above, Deep Purple, Rainbow or Whitesnake resuscitate each time Mic Michaeli plays with his organ, sending us back to the 70's, with a modern sound of course. Parenthetically, the production is pretty cool.

I need to mention my favorite tracks ... even though there is not a single weak song. The opener - One Life To Live - with Joe Lynn Turner is an outbreak of hostilities. The guitar melody is outstanding, the bridge and the chorus get printed immediately and I really like the lyrics of that song : "I got one life to live, And I'm gonna live it my way, One dream to give, I'm gonna get it some day...". Joe Lynn Turner is enormous. But only people who don't know him can be surprise by this sentence :)

The second song - Eyes On The Horizon - with Jorn Lande is another highlight. I like the vintage keyboard sound and Jorn is as good as ever. This song would have found its place in Masterplan's first album. I am always astonished how Jorn sound like Coverdale. Who said this song will remind you ... great Whitesnake ? The third track - I'll Be Free - is a wonderful ballad. This is the turn of Göran Edman to sing : a typical ballad, with the acoustic guitar and the great piano of Nikolo. A magical moment as far as I am concerned. Slip Away - the fourth track - is another homage to Deep Purple. Close your eyes, listen to Joe and you will see how the magic operates on you. A great song again. Mr. Earthman with Jorn is another "rocket" in my face. Gosh ! What a chorus !!! Jorn "scores" again on Bring The Colors Home but this time, I let you discover the emotions of this track on your own. Supernatural .... speaks from itself :)

Ok you got the picture ! Now run and check this one, especially if you like the above mentioned bands ... or the above mentioned vocalists. A pleasant surprise. Thank you very much Mr. Kotzev.

Killing Songs : One Life To Live, Eyes On The Horizon, I'll Be Free, Mr. Earthman, Supernatural Danny 85 / 100

Re: Ints no bad -forzza BA
Date: September 22, 2003 10:51AM

:)

Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2003 12:14PM

don't forget about john west from royal hunt and russell allen from symphony x! the two best singers along with jorn!!

Posted by: Nando (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2003 12:41PM

Steve Lee of Gotthard and Mats Leven of Dogface, Yngwie Mlamsteen & At Vance, are essential for Brazen Abbot! two great vocalists!!!!!!!

Posted by: Endryus (IP Logged)
Date: September 22, 2003 03:04PM

Russell Allen would be a dream come true!!!
Give him a call, Nikolo!!! :-)))

Posted by: Ozzman (IP Logged)
Date: September 24, 2003 11:31PM

GRAHAM BONNET!! Still one of the best ever.

Posted by: Vera (IP Logged)
Date: October 02, 2003 10:47AM

Hi Ozzman,
Graham Bonnet is without doubt one of the best singers, his voice is powerful and strong. But for me is Glenn Hughes the best singer because his voice is powerful, multifarious and versatile. He is able to sing sophisticated song material.
But nevertheless there a few songs which are outstanding and worth to
listen to sung by the excellent singer Graham Bonnet. I recommend: Love's no Friend of Mine, Lost in Hollywood, SOS, I'm a Lover and Desert Song.
Have fun! Maybe you know them all.
Vera

Date: October 04, 2003 09:01PM

Hi Vera

Graham & Glenn are 2 of my favorites. I have been lucky enough to see Graham 2 times this year & have nice conversations with him. Also I saw Glenn 3 times in 2 months this year too & had a bunch of CD's singed (same with Graham) They both are still amazing live. I have pretty much everything Glenn has released & do have everything by Graham thanks to a few other fans who tracked down the hard to find older recordings. If Nikolo continues to use more than one singer on his projects I think Graham would be a logical choice. JLT, Jorn & Edman all sound great on the new CD.

-ozzman-

Re: what is "logical choice" Ozzy?
Date: October 05, 2003 04:13AM

Ozz "logical choice" in next album is-NO SINGER AT ALL.
I thing next step must be a project like Super G3 but better mix.Very hevy romantic versio whit good quitar players -Nikolo+ may be some of theese-Steve Stevens /Jeff Beck/Larry Carlton,Doug Aldrich(Dio) or why not Timo Tolkki(Stratovarius) , Brian May/Tony Iommi..........????????
I thing it will be more agressive and interesting as muisc and ideas,than Derek Sherinians epic album Black Utopia(whit di Meola,Ingwie,Zakk and Steve Lukather) for example.
Braze Abbot need a new image,couse Rainbows influence era is over.

Posted by: Webmaster (IP Logged)
Date: October 05, 2003 05:35AM

Don't you think it's a bit early to start speculating about the next album? Nik is still busy with the DVD, you know ;)

And the obvious logical choice certainly would be keeping the same line-up for the next album, wouldn't it? ;)

Re: Michael-it will be big fiasco
Date: October 05, 2003 09:08AM

if Niko make the same mistake whit singer(s) .cheers

Re: Michael-it will be big fiasco
Posted by: Endryus (IP Logged)
Date: October 06, 2003 03:01AM

I guess Nikolo is smart enough to make the right choice.
If he wants to use vocalists, then that's his own decision.
Instrumental albums have a limited market, why in this world would he trade the Brazen Abbot project for an instrumental thing?

I hope he won't make the mistake to go instrumental and keep doing what he has done so far.

Date: October 06, 2003 04:02AM

Hi Ozzman,
where did you see Graham?
Vera

Date: October 06, 2003 07:53AM

Hi Ozzman,
further more I would like to know when did you meet Graham and which songs did he sing?
THX
Vera

Date: October 08, 2003 12:59PM

Hi Vera

Graham played in Reseda, California at a club called Paladinos which is not far from where he lives. If you want you could go to www.bonnetrocks@#$%&
& there are reviews, pictures & set lists for both shows. I posted the review for the show in February & Hiro from Japan reviewed the show in July.

-ozzman-

np Brazen Abbot - Mr. Earthman

Posted by: Blackmore (IP Logged)
Date: October 10, 2003 03:54PM

I prefer one singer on his next CD. Live there will be only one singer so why three on CD, My vote Jeff Scott Soto close before Paul Rodgers and John Lawton. Of all BA-singer i would pick Joe and then Glenn

Posted by: nasko (IP Logged)
Date: October 11, 2003 11:14AM

Vera , I thought too that Glenn Hughes ( the Voice of Rock) is the best vocal and Nikolo opinion I believe that the same

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.