Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Message to Nikolo
Posted by: Diego (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2004 01:37PM

Hi Nikolo!
I´m from the South of Spain.
Excuse me for my english. I only know a little of it.
I love your work.
I´ve cried for the emotion while listen "Henriette", "Chosen man" & "I´ll remember you"...
I love Joe Lynn Turner´s voice. (I think he is the greatest).
In a few words:
WE WANT ANOTHER OPERA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
All the best, and good luck!!!

Re: Message to Nikolo
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: March 19, 2004 06:31PM

Hi Diego,
Thank you for the warm words.

We will see about a new rock opera.... It is not impossible ;-)

Stay well:
Nikolo

Posted by: athelas (IP Logged)
Date: May 04, 2004 02:15PM

Hi Nikolo,

By reading Göran's interview saying that this album is one of his favorites, I got it a couple of days ago. (hope it's not too late to join you!)

So, to make this awesome rock opera, you did the author, producer, casting, editing, composer, etc. (and a performer, of course) It must've been a lot of hard, endless work and I guess you had to be more passionate than anybody else, and that's beyond my imagination 'cause all the musicians who performed in this project have a strong passion for music.

And you must be proud to give this great rock opera to us music lovers all over the world.
In the liner note, you said: " It took an awful long time to cast the parts." and now I understand why and I'm glad that it worked perfectly.
I was impressed by Jřrn Land's dramatic performance, not to mention Göran and Glenn's versatile voice.

As I told you that it's been just a few days ago since I got it, it will take time for me to understand the true greatness of this album. (I don't think that I even understand 1/100 of the greatness of his album at the moment and this happens all the time when I get great album; Göran's "White on Blue" is the latest that I feel like this).
And I'm glad that we're having the Golden Week holidays here in Japan or I can't fully concentrate listening to it.

God bless you, Nik!!!

All the best,
athelas

Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: May 10, 2004 10:20AM

Hi Athelas,

Thanks for the kind words.
Yeah, it takes a long time to create good music,
but it is worthwhile, when I know people out there
appreciate it.

Thanks again and best regards. Good luck with "Nostradamus".

Nikolo

Posted by: athelas (IP Logged)
Date: May 16, 2004 01:40PM

Hi Nikolo,

As you might know that receiving responses from the musicians whom we admire is very exciting and that makes us very happy-- thank you so much for your response.

"Nostradamus"
-- this awesome Rock Opera still gives me the pleasure -- like, when you sit before the feast, you just don't know which food you want to touch first...

When I play it, just listening to my favorite musician's performance (for me, it is
Göran Edman if I have to name just one.) is of course very exciting and I do enjoy the taste of the emotional vocal of his, but also listening to the plural performers on one song have anothe pleasure:
In "Desecration", which begins with the tensed Choir, followed by JLT's passionate vocal and Göran's smooth and clear vocal which I have listened a thousand times in a various albums tickles my heart...then, Göran harmonize with theChoir...JLT's powerful vocal to be heard in the back...

--Thus, I think that synergism works perfectly; each performer's charm being pulled out strongly in the composition like this.
It's the wind of excitement after excitement by the first-class performers along with the beautiful, dramatic music.

--And your guitar and violin...they talk to me so expressively, Nik.
(yeah,they actually talk to me...)

Thank you again for your response and..."The masterpiece of yours".

All the best,
Athelas

Posted by: Diego (IP Logged)
Date: August 10, 2004 01:34AM

Hello again Nikolo!

Once again, excuse me for my english.

"In this times, of pain and madness..." ;-) I got some questions:

1 - What kind of music you use to listen? (I know you listen Deep Purple & Rainbow (I love the Joe Lynn Turner´s era) but, of course, I´m sure that you got more musical influences).

2 - What do you think about the tribute albums?

2/5 - What do you think about to record versions from another artists and/or bands? (For example: "Can´t let you go"(Rainbow).(I love this song).

3 - Curiously, a lot of the GREAT singers who work with you, came from the Yngwie Malmsteen band. Do you like his music?

4 - Glenn Huges (a GREAT ARTIST) Will he work with you in the future?

5 - While (or when, excuse me) you are writing your music, what is your inspiration? (I hope I wrote it correctly).

And last but not least:

6 - When will you came with your band to my city (Algeciras (Cadiz)South of Spain( Paco de Lucia was born here!)) to take a drink with me? (Don´t worry! I´ll pay the drink!!)???!!! ;-)

Ok Nikolo! I wish all the best to you and the band! Please, tell Joe that I love his voice!! (I´ll pay his drink too! Of course!)

Good luck!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.