The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Nostradamus Review
Posted by: Dimitri (IP Logged)
Date: May 03, 2002 07:20PM

Hi Nik,

I just wanted to share with you the review of 'Nostradamus' that I wrote for the Spring 2002 issue of the EUROPE SUPPORTERS CLUB fanzine which has just been sent to all the club's members.
I hope you enjoy the feedback. All fans with whom I have spoken about this project have only positive and amazing things to say about it! Please see the review below.

Many regards,
Dimitri
ESC Oceania
http://www.europe-supporters-club@#$%&

Nikolo Kotzev’s NOSTRADAMUS
by Dimitri Dimitriadis

‘COLLOSSAL’ is the word I would use to describe Nik Kotzev’s innovative rock opera titled “Nostradamus”. This is one awesome release that captures the essence of rock fused with symphony.

Chronicling the life and times of the French prophet Michel de Nostradame, commonly known as Nostradamus, this double CD propells you into a twisted, tortured world of war and plague - to a place ravaged with solemn lonliness and injustice. But just as you believe there is no escape from this cruel circumstance, you learn that Kotzev has interwoven a bittersweet tale of love into the intricate tapestry of this CD.

An incredible cast of characters enact this tale to a beautiful backdrop of a 35 piece symphony orchestra. Rock legends Glenn Hughes and Joe Lynn Turner collaborate with ex-Norum singer Goran Erdman, Alanah Miles and Sass Jordan in providing the powerful melodic rock vocals in this epic story. EUROPE superstars Mic Michaeli, Ian Haugland and John Leven create spine-shattering music which are very ‘europe-esque” in nature. Their driving trademark sound is clearly present in songs such as “The Eagle” and some of the harder tracks where Mic’s keyboards soar and take us to new heights, while Ian and John pump and bash out the score with wild abandon! Their superb performance on this CD leaves me imagining what a brand new ‘Europe’ release would sound like!

This CD is a journey. My suggestion is to get yourself comfortable and read the CD book first to familiarize yourself with the tale before you begin. Then introduce the music and allow yourself to be consumed with the power and the compassion that Kotzev intended. The sound on this CD is excellent, and all collaborators and musicians are clearly audible - a sign of master craftmanship on Nik’s behalf.

Already a rock-classic, “Nostradamus” is to the new millennium, greater than that which “Jesus Christ Superstar” was to the 70’s. It is with great anticipation that we hope to see the stage show of this monumental epic. In terms of the positive media response to this exciting project - it too, has been ‘colossal’.

An absolute must-have for lovers of Europe, lovers of rock & symphony, and ...just for lovers. If you’re anything like me, the final track will have you howling!

Check out the official “Nostradamus” website: www.nostramusic@#$%& for news, forums and exclusive information.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.