Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Going Down
Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2001 06:22AM

Well, thank you Nikolo Kotzev!
This is the best album i ever bought, please do it live and release a DVD
I just wanna know if, when Jorn Lande and the choir sings "going down, down..." on the song The Inquisitor's Rage, is it a part of the song Going Down, wich was recorded by G3(Satriani on vocals)?

Re: Going Down
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: December 19, 2001 09:15AM

Hi , Andre

No it isn't and I am sure of that , cause I never heard "G3" .
It reminds another song from the 70's , but I can't really remember which one....

Best regards:

Nikolo

Re: Going Down and some more
Date: December 19, 2001 03:29PM

Thanks, I just tought you used this theme as a reference. Maybe is the same song that you was thinking, because the Going Down of G3(Satriani, Vai, johnson) is a cover of some band of the 70's.
Once again, i wanna thank you for Nostradamus, it's a masterpiece(you know that). It's just a shame that it don't get the recognition of the media(they prefer to talk about the backstreet boys).
I was wondering if you know the band Trans Siberian Orchestra. For me, their album Beethoven's Last Night and your Nostradamus are going to divide the olimpus of the All Time Greatest, with albums like Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band(The Beatles), Tommy(The Who), The Wall(Pink Floyd) Operation:Mindcrime(Queensryche), A Night At The Opera(Queen), The Wake Of Magelan(Savatage) and Metropolis part II(Dream Theater).
i wanna say that i am sort of a musician too here in Brazil, i'm a vocalist who plays keyboards, guitars and bass. My musical objetictive is clearly seen on Nostradamus. That's what i want to do. The day i reach the level you achieved on Nostradamus, i will die in peace.
THANK YOU NIKOLO.And thanks for the oportunity of talking to you. The Internet is really a wonderful thing!

Posted by: sean (IP Logged)
Date: January 10, 2002 08:14PM

"Going Down" is actually an old blues song. G3, as well as numerous others (Deep Purple, Masters of Reality, Jeff Beck, Peter Green, & Freddie King to name a few) have covered this song. It is a blues staple that most bands do at one time or another. I believe it was written by John Nix. Hope this gives some insight.

sean

Date: January 11, 2002 04:41AM

Thanks for the information, man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.