The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What is wrong with Yngvie Malmsteen?
Posted by: jan erik (IP Logged)
Date: August 30, 2001 11:15AM

Now he changed his band again;Doogie White is replacing Jørn Lande on vocals!Is Yngvie difficult to work with or what?Some hot gossip would be nice! ;-)

Re: What is wrong with Yngvie Malmsteen?
Posted by: Bengaloo (IP Logged)
Date: August 30, 2001 11:46AM

Jorn Lande and yngwie had a fight in april, leading to Jorns departure from an ongoing tour. The US tour was cancelled altough there was a few more gigs left.
The reason behind this is supposed to be delayed payments to bandmembers and that yngwie´s family was putting their nose in everything. But as to all stories, this has 2 sides, both Yngwie´s and Jorn´s. Which one to belive in is up to you.
I think you can find Yngwie´s explanation on www.pd.net/yngwie

Posted by: Stefan (IP Logged)
Date: August 30, 2001 11:58PM

Hi there...if you take a look at Yngwies records you will se that he has changes the musicians quiet offen. I don´t know it he is more difficult to work whith an other guittarheroes. Anyway...I want to take the chanse and name my favourite Yngwie-records.
I have 2 favo-rec. and they are "ECLIPSE" and "FIRE AND ICE", and the reason wy I chose this records are: first...the singer is Göran Edman, did I have to say anymoore...? second...this 2 records has in my oppinion the best songs Yngwie ever has written...
I realy would like to hear what are your Wngwie-favourite-records... and who is, in your oppinion, the best singer Yngwie has had.

...................Stefan...

Posted by: Webmaster (IP Logged)
Date: September 01, 2001 05:30PM

Maybe Yngwie heard Doogie's performance on Nostradamus and thought "I must have this singer in my band!" ;-)

He's a fat arrogant bastard....
Posted by: Drew (IP Logged)
Date: September 13, 2001 07:12AM

that's what's wrong with him!

Oops.....
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: September 16, 2001 04:30PM

Dear , Drew

I feel it is not nice to speak about Yngwie that way.
At least , not in a public forum , where his fans are also welcome.
I know you are a true fan and really appreciate your support , but please , please
have respect for other artists.
I respect Yngwie for his music and abilities and these have nothing to do with how he conducts his band.

You may have your reasons for that post but we all should try to express ourselves in a kinder way ;-)

Best regards:

Nikolo

Re: Oops.....
Posted by: Drew (IP Logged)
Date: October 12, 2001 02:40PM

Nikolo,

Sorry 'bout that Chief... that was definitely uncalled for.

I do have new respect for the man, considering how he stood up for the U.S. down in South America. Now, if he can only show his fans the same kind of respect he'll be off my sh*tlist.

All the best,
Drew

Re: Oops.....
Posted by: athelas (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2004 03:32PM

Hi Stefan and Drew,

I am a great fan of Göran just like you and I was a great fan of Yngwie, too.

First, I do love Göran's performance on Yngwie's two albums though Göran himself is not satisfied with them. (As you might know well, there are understandable reasons--very professional ones.)
Göran is very strict to himself as an artist about what he has done so far.

But I do not think that Göran is the suitable singer for Yngwie's music.
I personally think that for Yngwie's music, Mark Boals is the best singer.

Lots of not good things has been said about Yngwie.
And I do not deny them regarding his character and such; as far as I read his interviews.
I was so disappointed that Yngwie's heart which could write beautiful music could not receive Göran's true dedication to him and his music.
--And I wept and upset what he has talked ill about Göran...

But Yngwie opend my door to the Northern Europe (Heavy) Metal (I'm not sure if there is such word or you call the music like that, but anyway, here in Japan, we call their music that way.)
It is the fact and I thank him for that.
(It was not Yngwie who gave me a chance to know Göran but Norum, though.)

And what Nikolo said was right.
Even if Yngwie and the people around him talk ill about Göran, we should not. --At least not in a public forum just like Nikolo said.
As a musician, he is gifted and it shouldn't be mixed up with his character, I think.
(Whether you can enjoy listening to his music or not is another thing after all of this, though.)
And...we shouldn't go down the same level as they are.
...If you really love Göran.

It is the past for Göran and he looks ahead.
You know what I mean if you listen to his current projects.
Ignore them and support our great singer Göran Edman instead.
'Cause that's what he really needs now.
Visit Göran's Blue Heaven and leave messages to him.

--And, there are so many nice, wise people around Göran who love and support him!!!
(Thanks, Andrea, Stefy and Claire...)

Best regards,
athelas

P.S.
If there is any not preferable expressions (I mean, possibility to cause offense.) in my message, forgive me, Nikolo and Göran.

Posted by: Bartesz (IP Logged)
Date: July 03, 2004 01:52AM

Yngwie is a real artist. If someone can't understant it ,that is his problem.Michael Stormbom wrote:
>
> Maybe Yngwie heard Doogie's performance on Nostradamus and
> thought "I must have this singer in my band!" ;-)

A word you have used in your post has been banned from use. Please use a different word or contact the forum administrators.
This forum powered by Phorum.