Draconia
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
China Jerseys uucox4uj
Posted by: dfr3xcda16 (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2017 10:51PM

By Ralph SeeramA little over a month ago he was firmly in the AFC camp. He told me that he would be voting for the AFC. He was fed up with the PPP of which he was supporter. After the ?business marriage? or some would say the ?marriage of convenience? between APNU/PNC and AFC, he messaged me again, ?PPP all the way; let progress continue?.Arif is among some of the young Guyanese voters who communicate with me on events in Guyana and seek out my opinion,[url=http://www.wholesalenfljerseyssale.us@#$%&/]Cheap NFL Jerseys[/url], especially on the political scene.One of his requests to me was that I write some articles on history especially of the PNC. He said he heard all the ?bad stories? of the PNC reign from the 60?s to when they were voted out of office in 1992.Arif want to know if some of those stories are true. Today I will give him a little history of the PNC and a PPP hero of the 70?s that died last week.  Arif like the thousands who supported the AFC, felt betrayed by the AFC. The PNC-led APNU is applying for the job of running the country. I think the young voters are entitled to see their resume or CV as it is called in Guyana.One must understand that the AFC got votes from those who were fed up with both APNU/PNC and the PPP, more so former PPP voters in the last elections. Most of AFC votes came from former PPP supporters. Now they feel the AFC has betrayed them. Why? Because the AFC is on record that they will not merge with the PNC-led APNU, yet it joined with APNU.The AFC is on record saying if it joins with the PNC-led APNU it will have to get the presidential candidate. We know what happened; the party did not get the presidential candidate position. It settled for the Prime Minister position with a promise of some powers.Some of the voters will ask if they can now trust the AFC, since they did not keep their promise to them. It?s a legitimate question,[url=http://www.salecheapjerseys.us@#$%&/]NFL Cheap Jerseys[/url], which the AFC could not provide a satisfactory answer.That ?Cummingsburg Agreement? is like wedding vows made at the altar. It?s only a promise; it has not legal effect, at least not under the Constitution. At the end of the day APNU?s David Granger in is the ?driver?s seat?.The way I see it, if the coalition is elected to office,[url=http://www.wholesalenfljerseyssale.us@#$%&/]Wholesale Jerseys[/url], with David Granger as President, he ultimately has the power to hire and fire Ministers. If there is a serious difference of opinion within that cabinet, who do you think has the power, the last say? It?s the President. What is not clear in this marriage is who has the power to fire and replace Parliamentarians. (There is the recall legislation that needs the support of the entire parliament)I would think the majority partner will win out. Remember under this constitution Members of Parliament cannot cross the floor.The bottom line is if the union gets into power and encounters serious differences the PNC-led APNU will out maneuver the AFC and kick the AFC out just like PNC did to the United Force in the 60?s.Yes for the young like Arif there was a coalition government before. The PNC and the United Force got more votes than the PPP collectively and they formed the Government. What is important to know is ironically,[url=http://www.nfljerseyscheaponline.us@#$%&/]Cheap Jerseys Online[/url], it is basically the same voting system we have today. It?s called Proportional Representation, and it was specifically designed to defeat the PPP. Today we hear the same opposition who clamored   for the Proportional Representation finding fault with it largely because they cannot get a 50% votes in a fair and free election.Since we are doing a little history here, I was very disappointed with the PPP for not issuing any statement ( at least I did not see any) on the death of Albert Boodhoo, one of their heroes? of the 70?s and who many deemed a political prisoner under the PNC Government. I am not surprised, because some of these ?Johnny come lately? in the PPP do not know the struggles and sacrifice people like Albert Boodhoo made for them to benefit from it now.Albert Boodhoo was a former GAWU President. He was in the fight to get GAWU recognized to represent sugar workers, he was an active if not militant PPP member in Berbice. I knew him well; I still have this image of him smiling and telling me, ?Alyu na carry news about PPP, and me union?. At the time the media was controlled by the PNC government.Today when I read of people complaining about freedom of the press in Guyana,[url=http://www.cheapnfljerseysmr.us@#$%&/]NFL Jerseys Supply[/url], I smile. They have no idea of what freedom of the press is, at least not in the 70?s.So back in the 70?s a foreman from the Public Works Department in the Sheet Anchor area was shot and killed, and a PNC Parliamentarian was shot also. So as was the ?fashion of the day? the Burnham led PNC ?rounded up the usual suspects?. Albert Boodhoo, Arnold Rampersaud (who was deemed internationally as a political prisoner) and others were charged with the murder of that foreman whose name I can recall as Clifford.The well known PNC member,[url=http://www.cheapjerseysshare.us@#$%&/]NFL Jerseys Authentic[/url], who went by the initials SS, (Sydney Sookhoo) was hospitalized.The justice system was manipulated to ensure that Boodhoo was imprisoned for a trial when it seemed that the local Magistrate was favorable to free the men because of lack of evidence. A special magistrate was sent from Georgetown to Berbice to preside over the Preliminary hearings,[url=http://www.chinanfljerseysauthentic.us@#$%&/]Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale[/url], with the motive being they held over for the trial at the High Court.To make a long story short he was freed in the High Court because there was no evidence against him and the others.Today I am going to disclose, what was known in the Berbice Media circle of which I was part of at the time. The PNC member SS had an argument with Clifford and shot him then shot himself with his pistol. He confessed to a reporter that was close to him at the time.Clifford?s wife, a neighbor of mine in Smythfield told me also SS killed her husband, and an eye witness confided that he witnessed the murder.Life was not fair to Clifford?s wife; she remarried and years later she and her three children were murdered by a crazed neighbor. The eyewitness who was in fear of coming out with the truth died in a motor cycle accident shortly after the murder.Today all the players in that episode have died except one. I will tell you about him in a future article. I can tell you now that he was a PPP supporter who was charged three times for murder, He was one of the usual political suspects.Ralph Seeram can be reached at email: [email protected] and on Facebook.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.