Brazen Abbot
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New Dvd
Posted by: Martin (IP Logged)
Date: November 25, 2004 11:00PM

Hi
Just bought the new dvd for me and a friend of mine, what kind of @!#$ is this, 1 number then interviews and then some live again and then some interviews. And a lot of overdubs on the vocal when it begins to rain. @!#$ this is going right to ebay for sale. Next time make a full live concert with no overdubs (it's only human to make mistakes) and then after the concert the interviews should come, cause who want to see it more than 1 time.
Disapointed Martin
Denmark

Re: New Dvd
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2004 07:39AM

Hi Martin,
The DVD is a documentary. It's purpose is to give information
about BA, how it was founded, show a lot of behind the scenes and
let the fans hear what the musicians feel about the band etc, etc..
All the onstage footage is a bonus for the fans to see what the tour
looked like and see the band play.

There are absolutely no overdubs on the DVD, nor on the CD and this point is made very clear in the booklet of the CD. The main point with the
rain is to show the rain, the 2500 audience and the incredible situation we were in. The same song is performed later in the movie it it's
entire lenght without mixing different pictures and situations.

Sorry, you're disappointed, but I'm afraid you've missed the whole point with the DVD.....If still in doubt, put it on check the title of the film.

Best regards and stay well:
Nikolo

Posted by: Frank B. (IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2004 08:26AM

Nik,

I have the DVD and it's excellent. Some great footage and wonderful performances all around. I think Martin is confusing the different video footage used per song and assuming that you therefore used overdubs. I loved the acoustic songs. I can only imagine what the gig in the rain was like.

Did you primarily use the Sofia gig for the DVD sound too? I am kind of curious as I've found that the sound is MUCH crisper on the DVD as opposed to the CD for some reason. Looking forward to the next BA Studio record. Thanks for the great music Nik. Take care.

Frank

Date: November 26, 2004 09:39AM

Hi Frank,

Thanx for the support.

The whole idea is to give the fans a documentary DVD about BA, since
it is the project's 10th anniversary this year.

The "rain" was as real as it looks and since we obviously couldn't play a normal concert because it was dangerous and simply impossible, I put toghether some of the best pictures from the entire concert, using one of the songs like a "musical bed". I simply wanted to show as much video as possible, since that is an unprecedented situation. The rain started on the fourth song and continued till the last song of the show. Nobody from the audience left after it started to rain. The show was 1h45min.

The best show is the one in Sofia, that's why it was decided to use most of
the songs from there. However, lots of footage from the entire tour is mixed in, as it is a documentary - not a live concert DVD.

About the sound - it is exactly the same on DVD and CD. It should sound exactly the same ( I mixed and mastered it personally). The great thing about it is, that absolutely no studio work has been done after the recoring.
Other bands would go straight into the studio and overdub the hell out of the live recording, leaving only the original drums. After that they release
a "live" record, which was made in the studio.

This is made for the fans. If I overdubbed it, it would be like cheating my own fans, wouldn't it? Everything you hear is 100% live. That's why I am so proud of it.

Thanx again and best regards:

Nik

Posted by: Marc (IP Logged)
Date: November 26, 2004 07:00PM

Nik,

Again, I want to thank you for the time and work you put into the new DVD. I have watched it several times and it gets better with each viewing.

Question: What kind of acoustic guitar are you playing on the song "Feeling Like a RollingStone" with Joe Lynn Turner (on the DVD)?

Best regards,

Marc
USA

Date: November 26, 2004 11:38PM

Thanx Marc.

I am playing a Gibson Chet Atkins semi- acoustic. It is very good.

Best:
Nik

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.