Brazen Abbot
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Out To Every..review with corrections:-)
Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2004 12:28PM

The new Voice of Rock, mr. Jorn Lande is back with his third full-length solo album entitled Out to Every Nation, and what a welcome return it is! Most hardrock-fans are familiar with his work with Masterplan nowadays, but Jorn Lande is so much more! In fact, Masterplan may be the only part of his back-catalogue you won’t be hearing any influences from on his new opus, Out To Every Nation. And that’s a great thing, really. There’s no point releasing soloalbums trying to sound just like your main musical occupation, is it?
Out To Every Nation is, from the in-your-face opener, Young Forever, to the ending track, the beautiful, epic and heavy When Angels Wings Were White, a perfect blend of everything Lande has done so far in his career…and then some!
The title track, and also Something Else, has a lot of Whitesnake/The Snakes feel to them, but they are a lot heavier. And the chorus on Out To…is pure hit-single stuff, It’s great!! Living with Wolves has a touch a Beyond Twilight in it, and Jorn sounds like the Devil himself at times on this oneJ In fact, seeing the video, I think he IS the Devil(buy the Ltd.Ed. when it comes out, and see for yourself). Vision Eyes and Behind The Clown has a lot Vagabond and Millenium in them, but always with Landes characteristic twists and turns that makes them stick out and be special. And I firmly believe that When Angels Wings Were White could easily be what a new Ark-album would sound like. This song is so strong and powerful, both in melody and lyric, that I won’t hesitate a minute calling that song this album’s masterpiece! I could go on and on about what song sounds like what, but the main thing is that Out To Every Nation is 100% Jorn Lande from start to finish, and once again, he proves to be one of the world’s greatest singers..ever!
To sum it up, Out To…is at best, close to a masterpiece, at worst..just greatJ Jorn delivers once again an album packed with brilliant songs, his most varied to date, and a vocal performance no one, and I mean no one does after him, or even did before him! Some of the songs takes some time to get into(I’ve had the album for about a month and I’ve heard it about 20 times), but when you do get into them, you’re trapped in Lande’s world of darkness and light, love and hate, war and peace..and Jorn sings with such conviction that you’ll believe every god damn word that comes out of his mouth. He so poweful and soulful both in writing and performing that you, in some way, can “see” everything he tries to tell you. In my opinion, that may be the best way to describe a great singer and storyteller!
So everyone who reads this, mark April 26 on your calendar, and be sure to get yourself a copy of JORN’s Out To Every Nation. You won’t regret it!

Hans Mikael Ødegaard

Re: Out To Every..review with corrections:-)
Posted by: Joana (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2004 03:18PM

Thank you for the review, Hans Miki (I'll keep calling you this way no matter you're such a stubborn donkey and....you know....)!

I've just a sample taste of the album so far and from what I listened to, well... I was BLOWN AWAY!!! Can't wait to have it!....

stay well, rock on, and be...WARM! ;-)

Joana

Posted by: (IP Logged)
Date: March 17, 2004 03:43PM

Hi there Beautiful:-)
Brings back a lot of good memories seeing the name Joana again! Hope you're doing great! I promise you won't be disappointed with "Out To Every Nation"! It's great in every way:-) Talk to you soon, love!

Posted by: Joana (IP Logged)
Date: March 18, 2004 12:06PM

I've always been here, you know. It was something else.....

Stay well anyway!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.