Brazen Abbot
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The BG Concert in Zlatni!!!
Posted by: Milen (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2003 06:15AM

I was there and it was REALLY AMAZING!!! Nikolo is THE BEST GUITARIST I'VE EVER SEEN!!! I'm not kidding. I play guitar guitar but my level of playing is far away from his. I hope some sunny day to reach his level. As for the concert I just have no words - I still don't really believe that Joe Lynn Turner and Nikolo Kotzev were playing 2 meters away from me. Man, I just can't believe that I shook their hands and got autographs! I was just a great feeling. If they have a concert near you you MUST go and see what I'm talking about!!!

Re: The BG Concert in Zlatni!!!
Posted by: alchemy (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2003 03:34PM

I was there, too and it was great! Joe was great, Nikolo was great, "Guilty as sin" is a fantastic album! the old tracks were simply the best! so famous musicians don't come very often to our town and it was a great experience to see these gr3at musicians.

Posted by: Dio (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2003 04:02PM

What a night !!!
What can I add to what has already been said
This show was superb.

Dio Ivanov,
Varna

Posted by: sasho (IP Logged)
Date: July 28, 2003 07:16PM

A great show. I just don't believe Nikolo and JLT did justice to all those Purple and Rainbow classics. And they did it in a manner that just blew my head off.

Posted by: Frank (IP Logged)
Date: July 29, 2003 01:07AM

Anybody have a setlist?

Posted by: Dio (IP Logged)
Date: July 29, 2003 03:50PM

Brazen Abbot
----------------
The Road To Hell
One Life To Live
I'll be free
Slip Away
Mr Earthman
Supernatural
Guilty As Sin

Deep Purple
---------------
Burn
Stormbringer
Black Night
Smoke on the water
Highway Star

Rainbow
-------------
Long Live Rock'n Roll
Death Alley Driver
I Surrender

... and 2-3 other D.P and Rainbow songs

Date: July 29, 2003 05:21PM

the show continued about 2 hours and featured many of the songs from Guilty as Sin as well as some DP and Rainbow classics. These are the songs that I remember, it's very far from an ordered and complete set list:
Long Live Rock'n'Roll
Eye of the Storm
Stormbringer
Man on the Silver Mountain
guilty as sin*
i'll be free*
burn
can't let you go
i surrender
supernatural*
black night
smoke on the water

i've marked the songs from the new album with *. They did many more from guilty as sin but, as these songs were completely unfamiliar to me, I couldn't remember the names.

Posted by: Frank (IP Logged)
Date: July 29, 2003 09:11PM

If anyone has a boot of this show or any of the other Bulgarian dates, I might have some things you might be interested in and would be willing to trade for it. Just drop me an e-mail. The setlist is fantastic and varied. I am very interested to hear JLT singing "Can't Let You Go".

Aloha,

Frank

David from the HTP Homepage posted this:

Saw this posted on the 'net - thought it might be of interest to everyone...

"Saw a Brazen Abbot concert this past weekend and went back home pretty satisfied. The band included JLT on vox, and we enjoyed a splendid performance by Bulgarian guitarist Nikolo Kotzev- a talented musician, very enjoyable playing, too - Lars Pollack from Glenn Hughes band on keyboards (not impressive enough for me) and Tomas Broman from HTP on drums (nice solo by him).

They did most songs from the new Brazen Abbot album (I suggest you give it a listen) and a good amount of Rainbow/DP classics. A nice surprise was that JLT didn't sing even one S&M song and only two post-Dio Rainbow tracks - the big hits, of course, Can't Let You Go and I Surrender. Also, Burn and Long Live Rock'n'Roll totally rocked.

I have never liked JLT's style but his powerful voice just blew my head off. I think I am slowly becoming a fan."

Sounds like this guy is a potential (if not already), HTP fan

Posted by: masterross (IP Logged)
Date: July 30, 2003 01:50PM

hi all,

last night i was on the concetr in Plovdiv
it was great !!!!!

was raining whole concert but noone leave it !!

Ross

Date: August 04, 2003 01:21PM

oh, that's me- ROFLOL
i've heard only a couple of HTP songs, but i liked thea pretty much. I guess I'm a potential fan and, hey, i'm already a BA one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.