Brazen Abbot
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Guilty As Sin Review
Posted by: Frank (IP Logged)
Date: July 22, 2003 06:24PM

I have had the new record for a couple of weeks now and I think this may be the best BA yet. I dug the first two BA record, but to be honest Bad Relgion didn't do much for me. The thing I noticed about "Guilty" is that the arrangements are a even more intricate than usual..... more harmony vocals, choir type choruses, keyboards, violin, etc. Almost like Nostradamus meets Brazen Abbot in sense (a good thing).

I always think it's a daunting task to put out a cohesive record and accomplish this by rotating three singers. Somehow Nik manages to pull it off though. Again, I liked most of the first two BA records a lot but G.A.S. steps it up a notch. I didn't find myself skipping any tracks. What makes it a great record? Well, aside from the usual superb production and performances, great songs, riffs and hooks. Most of it is up-tempo hard rock, but again, full of melodies. Early favorites are the title track, Mr. Earthman, Supernatural, and Eve.

Eve is one of the ballads on the record, but it is done very tastefully. Some great acoustic guitar (not cheesy). Very classy stuff with a very restrained and soulful vocal from Goran Edman. Jorn Lande is a great addition and provides a nice contrast to JLT and Goran with his deep voice. As for JLTs vocals, this is as close to his Odyssey voice that you will hear. After hearing his new solo record and this one, Joe is definitely singing his proverbial a*s off these days.

If I get some time, I'll try and post a song by song description.

Aloha,

Frank

Re: Guilty As Sin Review
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: July 22, 2003 06:29PM

Cheers!!

Nikolo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.