Brazen Abbot
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
JUST AWESOME!
Posted by: HF. (IP Logged)
Date: June 05, 2003 05:37PM

Hi Nik!

Just wanted to let you know that yesterday I had the pleasure of listening to the tune "Like Jonah" and Oh My God!! , what an amazing track , and what a killer guitar work Nik!! , OUTSTANDING solo , like the ones you know I love so much , you're sounding better than ever , I had so much emotions running wild within me while listening to that tune that you were actually one note away of bringing tears to eyes , you knew I was gonna LOVE your guitar work this time around , right?? , absolutely mindblowing , THAT is the Nikolo Kotzev I LOVE to listen to , as I've always said you're also a sensational Rhythm Guitar Player , sheer class! .

You're gonna blow people's minds away with your new album and well deserved as far as I'm concerned , keep on giving us those Long wild solos , full of melody , sublime technique & Class...needless to say that in my books there's no-one like you out there these days , you're simply the best Melodic Hard Rock guitar player out there , your talent knows no boundaries Nik , as I use to say...The Sky Is The Limit for you...let them know that you're simply The best!! ;))

You're like Johnny Ohlin , former "Nation" guitar player, everytime that a solo pops up you know that some great things are gonna happen! , he now plays in the power metal band Dionysus , Nation was pretty cool Scandinavian Melodic Rock , the man is a deadringer for Yngwie Malmsteen but with his own style , haven't heard their new album yet but it might be interesting , there's a video up on their website which you can watch there or download it , but hey!...you're WAY better than him!! ;))

Nik , I've just ordered Bob Catley's new album " When Empires Burn" , make sure you grab your copy , the digipack edition with two extra tracks , just one euro more so it's definitely worth it , you are gonna LOVE it!

Can't wait to get my hands on "Guilty As Sin" , thanks for your new tunes and your "Out Of This World" Guitar Work , Nik!

I'll let Johnny Ohlin know about your new album!! ;))

"DIONYSUS"
----------
http://www.das-buero-jaeger.de/dionysus/

Rock On , mate!

H .

Re: JUST AWESOME! ***SPOILER***
Posted by: Endryus (IP Logged)
Date: June 06, 2003 07:12AM

Hi!
I agree, "Like Jonah" is a cool track, with its AOR chorus, uptempo drums and then that double tempo guitar solo!! Amazing.

A question to Nik: is it allowed to share comments on the new album, for those who have had the luck to listen to it?
Or do you prefer to wait until it's out?

Thanks

Endryus

P.S.: Johnny Ohlin... I loved his work with Nation. But I'm tired of all these guitar heroes that try to rip off Yngwie.

Re: JUST AWESOME!
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: June 06, 2003 01:27PM

I am actually amazed that you guys have heard "Like Jonah"? How? Where?
Well, however, thanks for liking it. Ofcourse it is OK that you share comments. Just go ahead. No problems.

Best:
Nik

Re: JUST AWESOME!
Date: June 14, 2003 02:34PM

Hi Nik!

I've heard it on the radio , they've been playing your album , I've heard three tracks so far , truly sensational...you're playing like a God , "Guilty As Sin" might easily turn out to be your best effort to date , great to hear you giving us those long & wild solos full of passion and style .

Nik as you may know by now your album is apparently already on the web BUT I HAVEN'T heard the whole thing yet , I'll hang on 'till its release date to purchase it and hear it properly as its meant to be heard . I wonder where Mr. Endryus has heard it , well...we already know it , right?? ;)

I've been reading comments on messageboars where there're people already telling that you're sounding better than ever , people seeing the LIGHT! , NOW!! , saying that the album is FANTASTIC , people can't wait to get their hands on this new masterpiece unleashed by you , mate!

Great to hear you playing with that Rage and Class once again , Nik!!

Take Care , Bro'!

H .

Re: JUST AWESOME! ***SPOILER***
Date: June 14, 2003 03:15PM

Johnny Ohlin ain't ripping off anybody , granted he's been influenced by Yngwie but he's developed his own trademark AND most of his solos ARE much more interesting than Yngwie's who's actually been selling us the same freaking solo for the last 10 years or so .

Everytime that a Johnny Ohlin solo pops up you know that something interesting's gonna happen unlike Yngwie who you know that's gonna give you the same solo he's been giving us for ages , I for one ain't interested in Yngwie's music these days , I prefer the albums he made with Joe Lynn Turner and Goran Edman , these days he's even attempted to produce his own albums...Dude WAKE UP! , who do you think you are?? , Nikolo Kotzev by any chance? , it takes a real genius to handle everything is the studio as does Nik and you're not on that level I'm afraid! ;)...as matter of fact he should give Nik a call and ask him to produce his albums!

Johnny Ohlin is playing in the band DIONYSUS these days who released their first album 6 or 7 months ago and apparently are already recording their follow-up album because they had a shitload of tracks for their first album , go figure , there are alot of Yngwie wannabes out there such as Joe Stump BUT Johnny Ohlin IS the real deal as far as I'm concerned , anyway let me tell you just one thing...NIkolo Kotzev has been , IS , and will always be the BEST in my books , I just want the best and Nik is just that "The Best" , some things never change my friend!! ;))

JOE STUMP
=========
http://www.joestump@#$%&/

H .

Re: Johnny Ohlin thread (was: JUST AWESOME!)
Date: June 16, 2003 01:26PM

What's good in music is that anyone has his own opinion and we don't all like the same artists, styles and so on.

As I said, I've heard Johnny playing, and to me he didn't sound so special as other players did.
Just to name one, Jan Granwick has much more fantasy and feelings than Johnny, but that's what "I THINK".
You're not supposed to like Jan just because I do, and for sure, I don't come here on a Brazen Abbot forum to promote his music.

I think we should quit this thread, because it's going waaaay out of topic.

Best

Endryus

Re: ***SPOILER***
Date: June 16, 2003 01:57PM

Nik,
as "someone" said, the mp3s are out on the net.
Be it good or bad, anyone can download them and preview the great work you have done this time.
My opinion.... well, I love most of the songs, especially "Eve". I don't hold much for ballads usually, but that song is EXCEPTIONAL! You and Göran together can create some magic and this must be the climax of your long collaboration.
Maybe the best song you've written in your career (although I don't follow you since the very beginning, when you started playing violin back in Bulgaria, as "someone" does... :-) *grin*).
Joe's performance is great, and so is Jorn's, but I appreciated the latter best on Nostradamus.

I will not make comments on the production, I'll leave those for when I'll get the CD.

Definitely a great album... on the same level as "Bad religion", but not better. :))
No offence. ;-)

Endryus

Date: June 16, 2003 05:38PM

Of course , you're right...everyone is absolutely entitled to his own opinions whether they happen to be right or wrong and we certainly don't "have to" dig the same artists...

Jan Granwick from GLORY better than Johnny Ohlin?! , you're dreaming! :) nah!...Johnny blows Jan right outta the water as far as I'm concerned , Jan is a great guitar player but Johnny's got that extra spark that makes the difference , if you know what I mean! ;) , in my opinion! , by the way I love those early GLORY albums!

If you don't want to talk about Jan on this board , that's your problem! , I reckon that if there's something interesting out there I for one would like that someone would eventually let me know what's cooking up , if I ever know of something interesting out there I WILL always let NIK know about it , just hope you don't mind! . I've been promoting Nik's music for years and so far no-one's complained so don't give me that @!#$ , ok? , as a matter of fact that's exactly what you should be doing instead of being moaning so much! :)... ;)) (just kidding)

Last but not least...Dude , seriously...you're funny! ;)

H .

Date: July 05, 2003 12:57PM

Anyway Endryus , now that I come to think of it , you wouldn't happen to be one of the ladies who run the Goran Edman site , now would you?...Don't get me wrong I do respect your opinion , to tell you the truth I was kinda pulling your chain , both Johnny Ohlin and Jan Granwick are great guitar players , I honestly could care less who is better than who , both are great but that's not the point , I was merely stating that sometimes Johnny Ohlin beats Yngwie at his own game...

Anyway , make NO mistake!...Nikolo Kotzev is a one in a Million musician , whereas Johnny Ohlin and Jan Granwick are "Simply" great guitar players , to compare these guys with Nikolo is a joke! ;)) , someday you'll understand what I'm talking about! :))

Talking about fantasy you could have mentioned sensational Guitar Players such as Steve Vai , Vinnie Moore or Richie Kotzen to name but a few , talking about Richie Kotzen , now that he's decided to grab the mic and give it a go , the guy's surprised me , clearly influenced by the mighty Glenn Hughes , great guitar player and musician all around , well worth checking out!

Do you really need to listen to "Guilty As Sin" to know that the production will be ACE??...you're joking , right?? ;)

Talking about Johnny Ohlin and DIONYSUS , apparently the album is almost finished , just checked their website out and this is what it says....

-----------------

The future:

We need some week's vacation now but early in July Johnny and Kaspar will do some overdubs like solos and stuff but besides that everything is recorded! It seems like we're going to mix the album sometime in August/September depending on when Swedish international act Lambretta will be finished in the studio before us. We've been offered some shows in Germany in August so as soon it is confirmed I will post the dates.

The new album:

Recorded at Studio Kuling Örebro by mastermind Jens Moberg. (Katatonia, Lambretta, Crystal Blue)

To our fans:

Ronny, Olaf, Johnny, Kaspar and Nobby would like to thank you all for sending all nice emails , pics , and paintings and stuff from all around the world. We hope that you will find the new album to be the masterpiece it
actually is! ;-)

DIONYSUS

http://www.das-buero-jaeger.de/dionysus/

==========

RITCHIE KOTZEN
=======
http://www.richiekotzen@#$%&/

Keep up the great work with the Goran Edman site , Endryus!

H .

Date: July 08, 2003 12:09PM

Hahahaha, I can't believe it!!!
A couple of years ago I started using the nickname Endryus because everybody on the internet thought I was a woman... apparently it didn't work! :-)

So, yes I'm one of the ladies that run the Edman website.... except that I'm not a lady, unless I had a sex change operation that I was not informed of. *laugh*

Anyway, thanks for the compliments to the site... we're doing our best. ;-)

Hector, I was kind of joking too, and I'm glad you understood that.
And I know that Nik is amazing, surely better than Ohlin or Granwick or any other GREAT gtr player.
He deserves to be up there with guys like Romeo, Gilbert, Norum, Petrucci....

Anyway, yes I need to listen to "Guilty As Sin" on the original CD.
I noticed a couple of major diappointments in the sound... might just be the crappy mp3s, but I wanna be sure.
Being a sound technician myself, I find strange that an expert like Nikolo made such mistakes.
I'm sure I will be proved wrong.

Talk to you later.

Endryus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.