The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Kudo's!
Posted by: Chris Jahnkow (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2001 08:52PM

Greetings and thank you ever so much for creating a wonderfully imaginative and ambitious epic. I came across "Nostradamus" through the link at Jorn Lande's "Ark" sight, and was floored to see five of my favorite vocalists of all time participating. Nikolo, your guitar work is eloquent and tasteful, and your composition talents astounding. I will do my best to share your work with anyone who will listen here in San Diego, California USA. There is a healthy progressive rock base here, and I'm hoping if there is ever a stage production with the original cast, that you will include Los Angeles or San Diego. In the meantime, I think it's time to check out "brazen abbot"!

Thank you again.

Re: Kudo's!
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2001 10:15PM

Hi , Chris.
Go ahead and check out Brazen Abbot - you won't be dissappointed.
I am glad you like Nostradamus.I promise , in case I put it on stage I'll
do my best to bring it to LA.

Nikolo

Posted by: Chris Jahnkow (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2001 01:38AM

I am suitably impressed that you reply personally to this forum. A couple of questions for you if you wouldn't mind; when did you begin composing "Nostradamus", how long did the composition take? ... and how long once the recording began did it take to finish? Did the vocalists sing and harmonize together or dubs? Thanks again.

Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2001 09:31AM

Hi , Chris
Started writing in ' 97 , wrote for 6-7 months(not continuously , though), scored for the orchestra for 2 months researched on Nostradamus for 2 months , actual recording time was about 15-17 weeks. The rest of the time was spent on negotiations and waiting.
I was ready with the mixed master in March 2000.

The singers did not sing together , but the harmony parts were worked out
beforehand.

Nikolo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.