The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Questions to Nikolo
Posted by: Gerald (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2001 12:43AM

Hi Nikolo,

first of all I'd like to congratulate and thank you for giving us such a great album in the times of hip hop, techno and all that crap. I can't get it out of my CD player!
As i have found out each of your 7 gifted singers is featured on a different number of tracks (from 1 through 7), beginning with Sass Jordan (1 song) and ending with Joe Lynn Turner (7 songs). Was this intended and does it even have some special meaning or was it just coincidence?
I am sorry to tell you that on the German version of the Booklet there is also a little mistake concerning the track list. As track 4 there is listed 'Introduction' and as track 5 'Home again(instrumental)' but track 5 is definitely no Instrumental, because it's featuring the lyrics that are printed by 'Introduction', so please can you bring some light in this little mess?
Besides that I'd like to thank you again for keeping up with true hard rock music and I hope that you don't miss my home town Stuttgart(Germany) when you put Nostradamus on tour!

Thanks again
Gerald

The answer is.....
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: July 09, 2001 01:11PM

Hi , Gerald
The singers got their songs according to the script and obviously some of them got more songs than others.There was absolutely no intention to give less songs
to some and more songs to others - I simply did what felt right and gave me a
strong and well ballanced story.

You are right about the mistake in the song order - I was just waiting for the first one to ask me about it. Here is what happened - the audio track order of songs 4 and 5 was reversed in the factory , even though the order is printed correctly in the booklet.The right order of songs is:

Track 4 - "Introduction" - here you should hear Doogie White sing " In the year 1503........"

Track 5 - "Home again" should be the short instrumental track with orchestra and flute , which is in direct connection to the next song "Henriette".

Some of these CDs (with wrong track order ) reached the market , even though
they were printed as promo copies , so I guess that makes them quite unique as
the order of songs was corrected for the next printing.

Hope that clarifies the confusion ....;o)

Nikolo

Re: The answer is.....
Posted by: Gerald (IP Logged)
Date: July 10, 2001 10:33PM

Hi Nikolo,

thank you very much for your spontaneous reply! What I forgot to ask you the last time is: Are you sure that World War III is sung by Göran Edman ? I am not an expert in recognising singers by their voice but to me it sounds more than Doogie White's (should there be another mistake in the booklet or can Göran vary his voice such a lot?) Please forgive that heretic question, I hope Inquisition won't go after me ;-) ...

Gerald

Re: The answer is.....
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: July 11, 2001 10:04AM

It is Doogie. I hadn't noticed that one.......
I am sure it is a mistake made by the lyric editors.
The Inquisitor's rage will fall upon them - you can be sure about that !! ;-)

Nikolo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.