The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
What an interesting album!
Posted by: Shizu (IP Logged)
Date: April 30, 2004 01:52PM

Hi, Mr. Nikolo! I'm a Japaniese woman. I'm a fan of Mr. Goran Edman(ghost here), and from his web site, I discovered yourself and this excellent album.
I got it last month, and had great impression indeed. What interesting! Where come from this amazed idea to your head or heart? Well, listening it, I had to look up about Nostradamus because I didn't know exept his name.
Besides your idea, the singers make me very pleasant. Especially, I like Mr. Goran, Mr. Joe and Mr. Jorn. Since Mr. Jorn sings too wildly, I sometimes laugh especially in "Because of you". Does he always sing such way?
Anyway, I love this album. Thank you so much for wonderful music. Will you other plans to make rock opera like this someday?
Best wishes,
Shizu

Re: What an interesting album!
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: May 02, 2004 04:44AM

Hi Shizu,

I am glad you discovered Nostradamus. Thank you for liking it.
Jörn sings the part of the "Inquisitor", which demands a special
artistic approach. His interpretation is fantastic.
I probably will write another rock opera in the future, so please
keep checking this site for information.

Untill then - stay well and keep rocking.

Best regards:
Nikolo

Date: May 02, 2004 02:55PM

Hi Mr. Nikolo,

Thank you for your reply very much. And I'm so glad to hear writing another rock opera someday. I joined the mailing list of Nostradamus to get some information. I hope great inspiration comes to you soon.
Of course, I keep rocking. Nobody can remove to love music from me. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Shizu

P.S. I like also your violin!

Posted by: athelas (IP Logged)
Date: May 15, 2004 06:35PM

Hi Shizu,

I'm glad to know that you love Göran's performance.
I read your message which said that you first listened to his performance on Yngwie's album in a guestbook on Blue Heaven.

Have you checked his project "Crossfade"?
I know that the music is not similar to those you could hear on Yngwie's at all.
And maybe you are reluctant to listen to it; I know the feelings very well. Though those are not necessarily Göran's fave albums (there are understandable reasons about this and I feel sympathy for him a lot.) I myself do love his performances on the albums.

It's not the kind of music you can hear on Yngwie's two albums.
But you will be amazed by his performance on the album.
And Göran himself loves it and said that he devoted himself to making the album.
I think that it's Ok if you are reluctant to listen to it now, but I wish that you would give him (and you) a second chance; someday, I can't promise you when, but you will sure discover Göran's amazing talent on the album.

--I know that writing your messages in English which is not our mother tongue is so hard, especially our education system in this field apparently not working at all which has been pointed out by some people for some years.
In a way, our mother tongue is a big obstacle when you speak English.
Also, there are lots of things that you can not grab what they really mean unless you learn Christianity which has huge effect on their culture/language.
But if you scared of making mistakes, you never speak what you really want to tell Göran and Nik.
And what you say might cause offensive feelings to them if it's worse, but I know that Göran and Nik would understand that.
So, keep on telling them what your heart says; the fans on their sites never laugh at you.
And support them the way you can: request their songs to the radio stations, send your messages to the mag, tell your friends about their music, etc.
Visit forum on Blue Heaven if you have something to tell Göran.
He doesn't send response to them like Nik, but I am sure that he reads them.

Here's my tip regarding your messages to Nik:
You don't need to call them Mr.Nik or Mr. Göran; you can just call them by their first name like other fans do.
(I know that you may feel uncomfortable 'cause it sounds like you don't respect them. But you'll get to used to it.)
And if you would like to call them with Mr., to show them respect the way we do in our culture, it goes Mr.Kotzev or Mr.Edman.

You asked Nik how he came up with the idea to make "Nostradamus" Rock Opera, you can find the answer in the linernotes which begins with "Dear friends" by Nik.
So, check it out. (the one written in Japanese.)

I'm the one who have been having hard time to write correct English, you know.
Posting messages in you your own words in English must've been tough, especially for young people like you.
But you tried, and what amazed me was Nik's response.
Maybe you don't understand what I'm talking about, but Nik is a smart and nice person.
I really respect him by reading his response to your messages.

So, good luck with your English!

Cheers,
athelas

Date: May 16, 2004 03:58PM

Hi Athelas,

Thank you so much for kind message to me. You really like Goran's performance. And me,too. Of course, "White on blue" is my favorite album now. I like lots of kind of music; Barbra Straisand, Queen, Richard Marx, Celine Dion, Elton John, Bach, Bise etc... But I could not accept jazzy sound for a long time. If I didn't hear Crossfade, it would be kiip to far away from me still now. So, I thank Goran truly.

Well, I didn't know Goran until last January, even his name. About 10 years ago I got "Fire and ice" and I listened to it only once. I don't know the reason why I couldN't realize him at that time. Anyway, I heard the album again and discovered him. After that, I got some of his CD and I was given great impression. Of course, I wanna tell about him and his music to someone, but I don't have any friend who has interested in foreign rock music. My husband says rock is for young people, but I don't think so. Now I'm 41 years old. Why did you think I am young? Because I like rock music like Nostradamus? Or because of my bad English(laugh)?

I understood well what you wanted to tell me, I guess. Thank you truly. You're kind person. Yes, I agree Mr...no, Nik is nice character and I was really glad his response to me. If he understand Japanese, I wrote to him more I guess. I may scare to make mistakes. But I continue to learn English everyday. I believe we can remove wall of language, if we wanna tell something with our heart. But also it's important thing to use correct and suitable words for my feeling, I think.

Yes, I sometimes think of Christianity, when I read European and American novels especially. Of course I can enjoy the stories and individual sentences(transrated one, of course), but certainly there is lots of things that I can't understand perfectly. They are solved by knowing about Christianity with other elements, I feel.

Thanks again, Athelas. And I must say thank you to Nik for giving a place talking to meaningful subject like today. I hope we can talk and think only such a thing, not about wars. I wish the day comes.

Sincerely,
Shizu

Date: May 17, 2004 02:53PM

Hi Shizu,

Oops, sorry!
I felt myself blushed as I read your message.
The reason that I misunderstood your age, is not because of your English nor your taste of music.
It's ...well, kind of difficult to explain, but reading your messages to Nikolo, I just felt so.
I wish that I could give you a clear explanation... sorry, but I just can't.
(..Now I'm analyzing my mind but I couldn't find any other answers besides above.)
And your name, it didn't give me an impression that is for those of young's, though
(no offense), I somehow felt that you might be young. It's just how I felt.
This is also my honest opinion; You sound like a different person compare to the one who talked to Nikolo in your previous mails.
It's not because now I know your age, but that's just how I feel, funny...

--I'm so disappointed to what your husband say to you, and amazed that there are people who takes music like that. Pity...such a pity!
Having prejudice--it narrows your mind and makes your feelings less sharp.

This is what one of Göran's good friends told me in her mail: "The most important thing is that you feel good when you listen to the music you like."

So, as long as it talks to your heart, I believe that the music is for you and you shouldn't turn away what your heart felt.
If you give up listening to the music you love just because what other people say to you or there was no one aroud to share the feelings, the music was not that important for you, I guess.(once again, no offense.)

I've been a fan of Göran ever since I first listened to his "Back on the Streets", and just like you, there was no one who share my feelings around me.
But my loving his music, I had no doubt in me; not even a piece.
I mean I listened to many other music, but he has been always there--the deepest part of my heart...

Well, back to the story of his friend, she also reassured me that whatever other people say to you, you just have to stick to your own intuition.
(This is not regarding to the taste of music, but dilemma I have had toward today's music scene, etc.)

I've already introduced her website in my response to "guide", and you might have visited it, but just in case--worthwhile visiting: http://hem.bredband.net/claire2/
This site is for those who really love music and she has been introducing and supporting the talented musicians who have been struggling in today's music scene.
She has no prejudice or such when talking about music, she just follows what her heart talks to her.
And I do respect her for what she has been doing.

My messages, they are very long (I always try to make them shorter, though.), and I had this feeling that it might not fun or tiresome to read them.
One of the webmasters of Blue Heaven told me in the chat we had yesterday that reading my mails was fun or such; I don't remember the exact word--I guess that I was half asleep--but I just didn't believe what he told me; 'cuz I have no confidence in what I write (including my poor English, you know.).

But reading your mail, now I know (or maybe I have noticed this when I read the messages from Christoph and your message convinced me.) that he really
meant it; It sure is fun to read (long) messages from those who love Nikolo or Göran's music.

Oh, yes, last but not the least, "the wall of language" you mentioned, in my opinion, the moment we were moved/impressed by Nikolo or Göran's music, there is no wall of language between us...at least in our hearts.

Once again, I am so glad to know that you love Göran's music.

And the feeling's mutual; I also thank Nikolo and Michael who gave us the place to meet and talk with nice fans.

Thank you, Shizu!!

All the best,
athelas

Date: May 18, 2004 12:59PM

Hi Athelas,

Please don't mind about my age anymore, I don't care at all. It seems my character give such an impression, even among Japanese. My friends often say that I look and feel very young than my true age. And especially in English, my age must be full of mystery, I imagine. It's because my English isn't enough, of course. When I write English sentences, I have a lot of words that I have to choise. Sometimes I can choise suitable words for my feeling and character, but sometimes I can't. So that, you may confuse about me.

But I'm quite simple person. Since I like talking about my interested thing, when someone give me kind words like you, that makes me very happy easily. When I was an impression by music, book and the others, I wanna tell about it to someone soon.

When I wrote to Nik, I might be nervous a little, I guess. And he isn't my friend, so from first time writing long and friendly message is wrong against him, as same as without Mr. , I felt. Since you advice, I'm trying to write only first name when I write someone's name here. But in fact, I put the word "Mr." automatically, so I must delet it several times(laugh).

Certainly, your messages are long, but they're not meaningless. They are so interesting, and I like reading it like this. And besides that, it's good for my English learning. So I thank you so much. And you always try to tell your feelings and opinions very hard. I like such an attitude like this. Telling our heart by language to someone, it's quite difficult even in our own language I feel. But trying it is so important thing, I'm sure.

Well, Goran's performance on Nostradamus is different from on Crossfade, I feel. It was difficult to sing as a ghost, I imagine. And he made it success. He sang so passionately and I was really fascinated him.

On the other hand, Goran sings quite reasonable(is it suitable word?), gentle and politely on Crossfade. As I told you before, I didn't like jazzy sound. But now the album gives me sweet feeling and makes me relax. He always show lots of faces on each albums as a singer. It's really amazed thing for me. And also, his singing always come into my heart, and tears come up when I hear some pieces. I can't stop to hear his voice everyday.

Yes, I continue listening to music that I love and was given an impression. I don't care of the opinion by my husband. He doesn't complain to me any, even though I hear rock music long time. But when I wanna ask about them, he always isn't there. I wish you're my neighbourhood!

Ciao,
Shizu

Date: May 18, 2004 08:32PM

Hi Shizu,

I think Göran did enjoy performing the role of ghost/soldier.
He performed the role as if he was an actor or something.
And I guess the research on Nostradamus might be fun for him.
What amazes me is he still keeps his smooth, clear voice.

Well, seems like we talk a lot about ourselves (posting such personal
stuff are not preferable on "Nostradamus" official site, I think.)
So, if you'd like to talk with me such stuff including Göran's music,
you can e-mail me: blueheaven428@#$%&hotmail@#$%&

Rock on!
Sachiko/athelas

Date: May 19, 2004 04:21AM

Hi Athelas,

Okay, I'll write you directly. Thank you.

Hi Nik,

I'm sorry for my careless for this site. I hope you don't have any bad feeling.

Recently I wrote only Goran's performance here, but I hear also Nostradamus of course. I like Crossfade very, but the album's sound is so confortable that I can't hear it when I'm very tired. If I listen to it before sleeping time, it can be a nice medicine. But when I have lots of something to do, I hear Nostradamus. The album gives me power and trying spirit.

In fact, I've never heard classic opera music except some pieces only instlumental. Recently I read the famous french novel by Dumas(sorry, but I don't know the title in English), so I bought the opera CD "La traviata" by Verdi. But I could not understand the music well. Maybe my ears aren't enough yet, I guess.

But your rock opera went into my heart straightly from first listening. When I heard "Bohemian Rapsody" by Queen at first time, the sound gave me quite strange feeling(of course, I like it now). But Nostradamus is natural sound. I have many feelings and thoughts about the album, but I don't know how to explain in English. I'm very sorry. I hope I can do to tell you someday. Anyway, I'm lucky to discover you and your music. I like also your "Guilty as sin" so much.

Sincerely,
Shizu

Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2004 09:57AM

Hello Shizu and Athelas,

You don't have to worry about your discussion on this forum.
That's it's purpose - and you serve it well.

Thank you for being kind and most of all - for liking Nostradamus.

Best regards:
Nikolo

Date: May 19, 2004 12:20PM

Hi Shizu,

The reason you talked about just Göran in your previous mail is not your fault, but mine.
...Sorry, I talked about Göran too much.
(If you let me talk about him as much as I like, my messages will reach to Sweden...hehe.)

Off course, I wanted to talk about "Nostradamus", but I can't... at the moment.
I mean, I'm still taking time to listen to it.--just listening...without grabbing the meaning of the lyrics.

You might be surprised to know that I haven't read translation yet.
That's my approach when I find great album.
--I want to feel it with my heart without our mother tongue.

Thank you, Shizu for being nice.

And, thank you Nikolo for your kindness.

All the best,
Athelas

Date: May 19, 2004 04:04PM

Hi Nik,

I'm very glad to hear your kind words. You are generous person. Thank you truly!

Hi Athelas,

Then, I'll write again here, not to your adress.
But I understand well your feeling. You're a really fan of Goran.

Well, me too. I can't understand the lyrics of Nostradamus mostly. But I can feel it's fantastic music, and the sound gives me great impression certainly.
When I hear it, I always close my eyes. Then, I can watch the drama in my head.

But in fact, I confused at first listening. When I heard it, I didn't know the voices of actors except Goran and Joe Lynn Turner.
I heard voice of Jorn Lande on "Guilty as sin", before hearing Nostradamus. But I didn't realize him for a moment. I'm very sorry for Jorn, but I didn't feel fascination much for him on "Guilty as sin". Anyway, I could heard only 3 voices ; ghost, Nostradamus and other people.

But of course now, I know there are 7 actors here. Jorn's performance is great on this album, I feel(I hope he doesn't has bad feeling...). And this interesting drama became clear in my hed more and more. Today, I can't imagine okestra and the other instluments.

For example, before listening it, I try to imagine that Joe and Alannah sing together, and Nik plays the violin behind them.
But when the music start, there are only Nostradamus and his wife. Also in other sean, I can be in this confused place, though don't know detail.

I can feel such things, even though I don't understand lyrics. This is the certain proof of that this music and singers are quite excellent, I guess. When I understand the lyrics perfectly someday, the impression become stronger, I guess.

Sincerely,
Shizu

Hi, Shizu. A great album!
Posted by: Ocean Soul (IP Logged)
Date: December 03, 2004 05:53PM

Hi, Shizu. This is a really great album. Songs as "Pieces of a Dream" or "Desecration", "The Eagle",... make you think what kind of great musicians could change the initial ideas about this album into reality... Yeah, a really great album: The more I listen to it, the more I love it :)
I send sincere congratulations to Mr. Nikolo Kotzev and all those who made this album for making me dream every time I listen to it.
Thanks!

Re: Hi, Shizu. A great album!
Date: December 05, 2004 02:24PM

Hi Ocean Soul,

Thank you for calling me. It's nice to hear and talk about the great album again. Yes, you're right. I can't imagine how many musicians were given big influence by this album. Being busy of my life doesn't allow me to listen to it from the beginning to the end, but I try to find the time to do even though it's for the only one piece.
Unfortunately my ears can't translate the lyrics yet, but I can imagine the some colourful pictures and feel dramatic mood clearly. I'm sure that there were lots of drama in this project during the creation. How exciting...! It's wonderful thing to have your own style in your expression, right? All of the musician in here certainly have it.

Best wishes,
Shizu

Posted by: Ocean Soul (IP Logged)
Date: December 07, 2004 01:59AM

Hi, Shizu and thank you for asking me.

I think music is one of the best ways to show feelings and make them even stronger for the rest of the world.
When I listen to music I come into the songs. For a moment, they are alive for me.
True music is beauty in essence.
And in the end we're in debt with all those who make this beauty come true.
Do you agree with me? :)
World is full of wonderful things and I think music is one of this most important things.
Even if your ears can't translate the lyrics yet, music makes you feel the essence of the songs. This way, lyrics are not completely cryptical for nonone (no matter where one is from) We can understand the essence of the songs on the singer's voice and the way musicians play their instruments

Best wishes, Shizu
Ocean Soul

Date: December 07, 2004 02:27PM

Hi Ocean Soul,

Yes, of course, I can agree you totally. I'm glad to know you have such a feeling, and I believe that there are lots of people who can feel so like us.

Music has the mysterious power. It can give me some kind of impression and imagination, and it let me wept, smile, consider and dream. Occasionally it disturbs me because of too big of the influence, but I can get something to be nice from such a music finally.

There are many people who have different thoughts and language etc in the world, but we can love the same music and share the feeling in spite of the difference. I think it's really wonderful thing, and I cannot but respect such an artist who can create music which shake our heart.

With smile,
Shizu

Posted by: Ashlee (IP Logged)
Date: December 11, 2004 05:04AM

i LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV E DOGS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.