The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Unbelievable...!!!
Posted by: Christoph (IP Logged)
Date: April 10, 2004 02:35PM

hi nikolo,

i know i may be a little late for this to write but let me say that i admire your work very much. i bought nostradamus in 2001 just in fact of the cover, my interest of nostradamus and the fact of the cast. when i arrived back home i heard it but i was little disappointed (don´t ask me why,nowadays i don´t know why...),so i packed it to my other cd´s.

a few months later i grabbed it and put it back in my stereo to give it another chance...and it blew me away. i mean, i couldn´t believe what i heard. what i wanna say is,that there´s so much energy,emotions,tragedy and hope...it´s SO intense!!! i can´t relate any other record to it. there are so many brilliant songs on it.

i can´t find any point of negative critic....neither in the songs nor the artists, everything is just perfect!
i often listen to it from the beginning to the end and every time the emotions are getting bigger in each song...i hope that one day there will be a chance for you and your cast to perform the record live like the rumors tell...

as i am a performer too i would like to know what guitars and amps were used in the recording, or is there a kind of guitar that you prefer?

and about the nostradamus prophecies...well it looks like he wasn´t wrong. well...look what happens in the world today with all the wars and terror and stuff...it´s very sad. and nostradamus saw a dark future in 2006, and we are not that far away from it. that scares me but maybe we can make the best of it.

i just wanna thank you very, very much for this record. i´m glad it exists

wish you all the best in your future!
christoph

Re: Unbelievable...!!!
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: April 15, 2004 08:34AM

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you like my work.

I used Ibanez JEMs all the way through. The amp was a modified
1976 Marshall Super Lead. I don't think you can find a similar one,
but many new amps sound great today, so no worries there.

Regarding the future, well, let's hope Nostradamus was wrong ;-)

Stay well:
Nikolo

Date: April 15, 2004 08:02PM

hi nikolo,

thank you for your reply!!!

so many musicians say "the fans mean a lot to me" , but you prove YOU really do care!!! i think, it´s great that you communicate with your fans in this forum.

as white lion cancelled their pre-headliner-slot for the bang-your-head-festival in germany, i hope they´re gonna ask you to perform, e.g. with brazen abott (i´m gonna mail´em that they have to hire you :-) ). it´s a cool,atmospheric festival in southern germany. last years headliners were dio and twisted sister. this year´s gonna be alice cooper and iced earth. even jorn lande performed there last year with his other band masterplan.

are there some live-performances by brazen abott in the next time?

and how is the situation to get "nostradamus" on the stage in the near future? is there still "hope" that one day it will happen? i can imagine that it´s a biiiiiig, biiig problem to get all the actors,the band together. and of course the costs are huge, i guess...

i think many of us would really look forward to see that epic masterpiece live!!!

so as you can see,questions...questions...questions...i hope it isn´t too much

so all the best
christoph

Posted by: Pedja (IP Logged)
Date: April 19, 2004 01:08AM

Nikolo,hello to you from Belgrade,neighborhood so to say...
I laid my hands on this masterpiece yesterday,and slackjawed I listen to it in awe.
I have many friends who didn't try to seek this site on the web but feel the same as me.
It's hard to praise anyone when you take in consideration the names who participate on this project,and you don't won't to left out anyone.But,since I'm under strong impression of first few listenings,I would like to say that Glenn Hughes is ABSOLUTELY fantastic-"Pieces of a dream"...so much feelings he put in singing this song-aria,you have to be dead not to feel moved.
Nikolo thank you for making this piece of art.

Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: April 20, 2004 08:36AM

You are welcome, Pedja

Glad to hear there are fans in Belgrade. It is great you have
discovered Nostradamus and I wish you many years of joy with it.
The tallent on the two CDs is trully overwhelming - I agree.
Best regards and stay well:

Nikolo

Posted by: athelas (IP Logged)
Date: May 04, 2004 01:42PM

Hi Christoph,

It's really nice to know that there are musicians who actually care, isn't it?
...I'm a great fan of Göran Edman.
When I was desperate, found no answer how to deal with my agony, he was there for me.
I respect him not only as a great artist, but also a person who understands other's pain.
From his newest project "Crossfade" album, I feel tenderness from his vocal ( as well as strong sense of existence and convincing voice). And I believe that's what he really is.
He deserves recognition for his talent.
So I will support him as long as he sings.

Best regards,
athelas

Date: May 08, 2004 08:46PM

hi athelas,

it´s true...it´s definately nice to know,that there are musicians who DO care about the fans. and the fact,that nikolo kotzev is such a person,makes the album even better. i mean,when you listen now to the record,then you know not only that this is an absolute masterpiece but also that the artist who has written this epic has really an interest to know what the fans think of the music. it means a lot to me,that i got a response of nikolo. and i still hope that someday there will be a live-performance of NOSTRADAMUS!!

i hope your desperation is not longer a part of your life. and thank you for the notice of "Crossfade". I will check it out! Göran´s talent is really huge and i like his performance on NOSTRADAMUS very much

so best wishes,
christoph

Posted by: athelas (IP Logged)
Date: May 11, 2004 04:31PM

Hi Christoph,

I know exactly what you are talking about.
Yes, it makes us love, admire and respect their music/them more and more.
Not to mention that Nikolo is gifted in many ways (just look at what he's done on
"Nostradamus"! Amazing!) he also has a nice and friendly character as well.
(The number Nik potsed in this forum so far is 154.)

So does Göran.
He sends his replies to my messages even if he's sooo busy.
(Sorry, Göran. I try hard not to disturb you.)

I have a confession to make:
You said that you put back "Nostradamus" on the CD rack, what...a few months?
Well, don't laugh.
I put back Göran's CD (Glory--Crisis VS. Crisis) on the CD rack for 10 years!!
Somehow, it didn't talk to my heart back then.
I couldn't receive his messages on it.
And now, it's one of my fave CDs!!
Unbelievable, isn't it?
But it is true.
And I'm really glad that I have received the messages he had been trying to send me for such a long time...

--So, you play the guitar, too.
Then here's my request: If you become a pro and have a fame, stay just like Nik and Göran.
Be there for the fans as they always are.
--I wish you good luck with your music!!

And thank you for being sympathetic over my depression.
Göran's words have saved my bleeding, badly wounded soul.
His heart is filled with love...
I guess I could carry on as long as Göran is there...

Hope you will love "Crossfade"!

And about live performance of "Nostradamus", we all feel the same way.
But It takes time...so, let's just wait...the day sure will come!!!

All the best,
athelas

Date: May 11, 2004 06:59PM

hi athelas,

thanks for your wishes :-) but as i am neither blessed like nikolo on the guitar or composing songs nor by doing vocals like göran, i guess i will keep the music up for a hobby. unfortunately... but who knows, maybe someday!? ;-))

i think it´s hard to stay the same person when you´re getting famous. especially when everybody tells you that you´re the greatest, the best and things like that... but i also think that there your true character shows. if you´re an @!#$ you become an even bigger @!#$...but an famous @!#$,hehehe.

and the opposite fact it seems to be e.g. with nikolo (or göran). they appreciate what the fans think,and that´s a very positive thing. i have much respect for people like them. people who treat other people with the same respect. it´s fantastic.

i like it to get a response (and might it be little) to see that/if the artist get a point of view from his listeners. i think,it´s interesting for them too,to see what the fans think about their creation.

now i will surf a little bit on the internet to find out about that "crossfade"-thing. you made me curious :-)

stay well
christoph

Date: May 11, 2004 07:01PM

ooops,

i got censored....sorry, didn´t want to offend ayone :-)))

cheerz ;-)))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.