Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
A West Australian Musical
Posted by: andrew (IP Logged)
Date: July 02, 2002 07:57AM

Nostradamus - The Musical Drama

Music: Ziggy de Voight
Lyrics: Jackson B Suttcliffe
World Premiere: Perth, Australia 29th of June, 2002.

Company: West Australian Opera, WA Symphony Orchestra.

I have just performed in the chorus of the West Australian Opera's world premiere concert performance of Nostradamus at the Perth Concert Hall on Saturday June 29. I was just looking for feedback on the net when I stumbled across this site. I had never heard of Nostradamus the rock opera but I am now very interested to hear more about it. Our performance on Saturday night was of a piece that crosses the boundary of Opera and musical theatre and should be hitting Europe in the near future and has been likened to Les Miserables (probably to it's detriment). I would be interested to see how different the narratives are between your Nostradamus and Perth's, considering that not much is known of the man's true life.

The performance was a smash hit with much interest already being shown by producers on both sides of the Atlantic. Look out for it but don't be expecting too many electric guitars in the pit.

Both new pieces, both based around the life of one extraordinary man. Both, without doubt, extraordinarily different in style.

more info can be attained at www.waopera.asn.au

Re: A West Australian Musical
Posted by: Dimitri (IP Logged)
Date: August 09, 2002 09:21AM

Hi Andrew!
How exciting! I live in Perth, W.A. and much to my embarrassment, I didn't even know of the WASO musical played here right under my very own nose!

If you are interested in hearing the Nostradamus Rock Opera, I suggest you order it through "J&B HI FI" in the Hay Street Mall. It is certainly money well spent as the combination of rock and symphony is astounding! The narratives are truly beautiful and very compelling!

Similarly, I will look into making sure my wife and I purchase tickets in the future and see a performance of yours!

Best of luck,
Dimitri

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.