The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Well, its me again.......
Posted by: alex siedler (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2001 06:55PM

...and i gotta say Nostradamus grows everyday, as i said before: a masterpiece. What i wanted to ask; why wasnt the album released under the BA-Banner? Wouldnt it have been better, because BA seems to me quite known in todays Hardrock world? Probably people got Bad Religion and where thinking about buying the next album, but dont know its out cause of the name change? (..on the other side its a stupid thought, cause, correct me if i´m wrong, Nostradamus is far better selling than Bad Religion). also, what about re-releasing the other BA albums on a new Label (probably on Frontiers? MTM?....Its great that Melodic hard rock got an (expanding) forum again...). I still havent got Eye of the storm.....I know i should feel be ashamed ;-) .

And the final question for today; could you ask your fantastic rythm section, if there ever will be a EUROPE-Reunion. i mean, you probably meet them from time to time...;-)

c ya

ALEX,19

It is better this way
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: June 30, 2001 08:59PM

Brazen Abbot is an ongoing project and I am just about to start working on the next album.Since Nostradamus is quite different , I thought it is best to keep them separate. There are possibly many people that don't know of Brazen Abbot , but
will learn about Nostradamus and get it. These same people will probably become
interested in the Brazen Abbot afterwards , so I could eventually expand the fan base.

I just asked Mic about a Europe reunion - he had not heard anything......

Nikolo

Re: It is better this way
Date: July 01, 2001 08:05AM

thanx for the answer also for asking Mic about the reunion! IMHO i´d be great if all the guys would come togheter again. Then they ´d play in two awesome bands together ;-) .

I seems youre right; if people really dig Nostradamus they´ll also get hold of a new BA -album... I hope i dont disturb you, with asking such alot of questions ( its just great to talk to one of my musical idols (more or less) face to face), but i got another one:

I remember buying bad religion after reading and Interview in the german BreakOut magazine 2 years ago or so. I found that issue today under bunch of guitar mags again and i also saw that you did a few unplugged BA-gigs back then in germany. Have any of these ever been taped ( and probably get released someday?), or is something like this ever planned to be repeated? I´d love to hear acoustic versions of November Reigns, Shadow of the moon or I´ll rise again live or on CD.

thanx,

ALEX

NP: BrazenAbbot - Day of the Eagle

http://members.tripod.de/animalize KISS KISS KISS

Bootleg
Date: July 01, 2001 08:25AM

Thanks for the kind words , Alex.

I know there is a bootleg of the very first show we did , which I am very angry about.It was made by the PA engineer ( I guess ) and he didn't even ask for a permission , which is even more unlawful.

I don't even remember now which songs we did live , but there is a studio acoustic version of "Love is on our side" , which was printed officially by the record company to support the tour - I don't know if you can get this CD now.

Best regards:

Nikolo

Re: Bootleg
Date: July 01, 2001 09:48AM

Well, i can understand that youre angry about that unlawful taping of the show and totally agree with you. On the other side we, the fans, are able to hear something different of our favourite band and thats cool too, at least for us. But as i said its not ok to record stuff like that without the artists permission.

Was that CD just a 1-track single ? Well i ´ll keep my eyes opened for it, though i´m shure this one´s a though one to get.................

ALEX

The CD
Date: July 01, 2001 10:02AM

It has 3 songs:

Love is on our side
Solitary life - Jeff Paris
Where the pieces fall - Heartland.

The CD is called "The acoustic nights"

Nikolo

thanx alot, Nikolo....
Date: July 01, 2001 10:06AM

.............I´ll keep my eyes open for it! I NEED a copy of it!!!

ALEX

Posted by: endryus (IP Logged)
Date: July 01, 2001 10:24AM

Please forgive me Nik, but I actually bought that bootleg CD.
I think it's just my greed of collecting everything I can with my fave artists... where else could I get a live performance with Joe and you in an acoustic situation?
Anyway, the sound quality sucks, but the whole show was damn good.
I wish you'll do that again and hopefully not only in Germany. :-))

Endryus

It's OK...
Date: July 01, 2001 11:15AM

Haven't heard the damn thing...
I actually want very much to take BA on the road. Next year...

Nikolo

Posted by: jan erik (IP Logged)
Date: July 02, 2001 07:50AM

Since Nikolo would not like that any other than him makes money on his music natrually,and threre is no alternative;maybe there is a good idea just to make mp3 out of them and post or make it avaiable on lets say Napster for all of us fans to listen?

Posted by: Kristian (IP Logged)
Date: August 02, 2003 06:02PM

PLEASE tell me where can i download his music in mp3 from? please...

Posted by: Nicki (IP Logged)
Date: October 26, 2003 10:57PM

You should better ask, where you can buy that stuff and not where you can download it. Well I guess this mp.3 sharing things are quiet ok to get impression about the songs or the artist, except when a new album is on a market or if a old version is expensiv in ebay ...something like that. But you should honour the sweat and the work and the love and the energy which is nessesary to record and create an album.
You wonder why the hard rock scene is not upcoming again. You should support Bands , special if you call yourself a fan.
Sad to know, that there are always people who are the first in the row if there is something for free but the last if goes to the warlet..
sad sad sad

Well Nikolo, time to say thank you. For the music, for your faith, for your patience, for your talent and for believing in god and the power of music. Follow your dream and the best wishes for you and your family.
Iam still in germany but plan to go to sweden. Scandinavia wrote music history.

God bless you

kind regards

Hope to see you on tour one day before I start getting serious and playing Bingo Lotto

Date: October 26, 2003 10:57PM

You should better ask, where you can buy that stuff and not where you can download it. Well I guess this mp.3 sharing things are quiet ok to get impression about the songs or the artist, except when a new album is on a market or if a old version is expensiv in ebay ...something like that. But you should honour the sweat and the work and the love and the energy which is nessesary to record and create an album.
You wonder why the hard rock scene is not upcoming again. You should support Bands , special if you call yourself a fan.
Sad to know, that there are always people who are the first in the row if there is something for free but the last if goes to the warlet..
sad sad sad

Well Nikolo, time to say thank you. For the music, for your faith, for your patience, for your talent and for believing in god and the power of music. Follow your dream and the best wishes for you and your family.
Iam still in germany but plan to go to sweden. Scandinavia wrote music history.

God bless you

kind regards

Hope to see you on tour one day before I start getting serious and playing Bingo Lotto

Date: October 30, 2003 09:07PM

You are cool, Nicki !

Stay well:
Nikolo

Strange Thoughts
Date: October 31, 2003 09:19PM

Well Mr. Nikolo Kotzev I try my best to say things out as I see them. Maybe I am not succesful with that mission all the time but its better to be honest.

The thing with the file sharing organisations is really hard, even if I dont think, that the artist lost much money, I guess that are the record companys which lost most of it. And of course its a circle.

But I dont think, that the record companys stop to support Hardrocktours like in the 80´s because of the Napster and Kazaa-stuff.
But I guess the people who sell rare Cds for a incredible price are the criminals.
For example : I was looking for the first Vice Cd. Its a german band, that made only 2 cds. They dont exist anmore. And somebody want to have more than 50 Euro for that. Who will get the money. I guess that is criminal.

Its so sad, that the rockscene its not big like in the 80´s and 90´s.
But to show my solidarity I cut my hair today like a real rockgirl. haha..
I took the Firehouse - Firehouse Cd to the Barbiers Shop and told them to cut my hair like that. And after that I bought a big bottle of hairspray.

Music can impress people that much... ;-))))

No serious. Its a pitty that its so hard to survive in the scene. And its sad, that are many magazines which decide about death or alive of a band.
So what a chance has a new hardrock band, if they send a promopaket to a magazine and it comes on the wrong table, maybe on the desktop of a woman which has the menstruation and trouble with her boyfriend. Imagine she likes more powermetal then Hardrock. You can image how the review will looks like???

Maybe my thoughts are a bit strange, but if you guys are really fans, just try to be a bit objectiv,stop cuting the hair, take out the leatherjackets again, dont be afraid to bleach the hair, dont care about the Ozonwhole, there is hairspray without FCKW...;-.) Support our artist and honour their work as much as you can.
I dont mean to be a groupie, we are in 2003.

Take care , my best regards to all crazy music lovers , to Nikolo and the family and all the people behind the curtains.

Take care and Happy Helloween

Keep your visions alive

Posted by: fa (IP Logged)
Date: August 04, 2004 02:44PM

tankhsKristian wrote:
>
> PLEASE tell me where can i download his music in mp3 from?
> please...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.