The Rock Opera :  Nitrax Phorum Nostradamus - The Rock Opera
Discuss the rock opera here 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
BECAUSE OF YOU
Posted by: Drew (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2001 06:59PM

Somehow I get the feeling from listening to this song that Nostradamus and The Queen were "more than friends" --- at least she wanted it to be that way. From my interpetation of the lyrics, she REALLY sounds like she was either in love with him, or could've really fallen for him. Michel sounds like he's just happy that the Queen spared his life.... she sounds "smitten". I thought it was BRILLIANT when Michel sings "Its because of you that I'm alive, I'm alive", and simultaneously the Queen sings "Its because of you I FEEL alive, so alive". Am I imaging things here?

Also, another brilliant part of this song is when The Inquisitor screams "I SEE A DEAD MAN WALKING" and "NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU'LL DIE" as Michel & The Queen are "cooing" with each other.

SIMPLY BRILLIANT....

Re: BECAUSE OF YOU
Posted by: Nikolo (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2001 07:29PM

Drew , my friend - you are right ON THE MONEY here !!
We had long discussions about the relation between Nostradamus and the Queen......so we decided to go this way.
The opera is packed with small details here and there , which hopefully will be
revealed by the fans as time goes by. There is a very special game going on with
the themes ( which were given names during the writing).
There are quite a few of them and they appear in different shapes and places.
Happy hunting....;-)

Nikolo

Posted by: Kindred Spirit (IP Logged)
Date: July 14, 2001 11:11PM

YES!! As a director I see everything in my head, how it should be portrayed on stage. Alot of very emotional settings. I THINK I WANT TO PLAY NOSTRADAMUS!!!

I'm hoping to have the chance to put this on stage someday as a musical! Of course to do that, rights, literature and scores would have to be discussed.

On the other hand, I think that if Nikolo's managment discussed this with a producer on Broadway it would be jumped upon very quickly. For several reasons.

Date: July 15, 2001 02:53AM

We are working on it..........

Re: Caught Up In A Rush
Date: July 17, 2001 04:38AM

Nikolo,

Thanks for confirming this for me. Glad to know I'm not "reading into it" too much! I wasn't sure if this was fact or something just added in the storyline. I'm trying to do a little research on these characters, but there is just so much to learn about them!

I guess it makes sense that the Queen "fancies" Michel, because after looking at the lyrics for "Caught Up In A Rush", I see where King Henry II says "I need another woman and I tell you no lie" + "I'm looking for someone, someone with an angel face" + "And I need another lover for to set me free." I guess that fits into the storyline that the King & Queen weren't happy together... all the better for her to fancy Nostradamus!

While doing a little reading on this subject, I thought it was interesting to note that the Queen traveled 2 years and 3500 km to visit Nostradamus, in a time when the country was decimated by the plague and internal strife. Apparently they weren't very welcome by the townspeople wherever they went, still the Queen was determined to visit him... presumably under the guise of showing her son all of France, since one day he'd be the ruler. I also thought it very fitting for your storyline, that NO ONE knows (to this day) what Nostradamus and the Queen talked about (or did) once they met and spent time together!

Good stuff....
Drew

Re: Caught Up In A Rush
Date: July 17, 2001 12:18PM

Henry II was known as a playboy actually. He had a mistress and that was a well
known fact. The mistress received expensive presents as real estates etc.
However , only the Queen could give France a lawful future King......

There are speculations , that Nostradamus told the Queen (during that secret, misterious meeting) that all her children will be kings , but she will outlive them all . This actually happened - all of her children were killed after inheriting the throne. Horrible isn't it ?

Yes , everything in the storyline was tripple checked and should be correct
according to the history sources. There is a little fiction of course , but I needed
that for making the story more dramatic.

The songs Göran Edman sings are packed with cool facts and real names of
events during the WW II and the times of Napoleon and the French revolution.
Experts on those events will recognize a lot of stuff in the lyrics.

Nikolo

Re: Thanks Nikolo for the info!
Date: July 17, 2001 11:33PM

Nikolo, thanks for the info on Playboy Henry II.... this is all very fascinating to me, and the more I learn, the more I'm intrigued! Where did you get all this great historical information???? I would really like to know what got you interested in doing Nostradamus, and how it all came about. Please share if it's not too much trouble. I think we'd all like to know!

Re: Got the info... disregard last post!
Date: July 17, 2001 11:46PM

Guess it would help if I'd do a little research on this website! Everyone check out some of the magazine interviews on here. The one with Strutter answered a lot of my questions of how Nikolo came up with it, and how it was assembled! Check it out!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.